Founded in 1441 by King Henry VI, King's College is an iconic Cambridge venue situated in the very heart of the city. The College dining hall can seat up to 296 guests and is perfect for gala dinners, award ceremonies and wedding receptions. For meetings, King's can offer a variety of rooms from the traditional Saltmarsh Rooms, with beautiful views of Front Court, to the Keynes Lecture Theatre, suitable for up to 140 delegates.
Five reasons to book King's College:
- The wow factor, if you are looking for a venue to impress your guests, King's certainly ticks the box.
- An incredible dining experience, providing a delicious range of menus that add a twist to tradition, King's has an excellent reputation for fine dining.
- On-site and central Cambridge accommodation, providing guests with a traditional Cambridge experience.
- A dedicated team on hand to help you, from the planning of your event to being on hand on the day, the team provide a first class service.
- Host your event on King's Back Lawn, one of Cambridge's most famous backdrops.
King's College is committed to reducing the volume of waste by reducing consumption, re-using and recycling all materials.
We caught up with Clare Timms, Conference & Events Sales Manager, to find out more about this beautiful venue.
Tell us a bit about your role...
I'm so lucky to have such an amazing job, my role is incredibly varied and never boring! I love that I get to work with some brilliants clients, and I've built some great relationships with our repeat clients during my time here. We have a very tight knit team, who all work closely together, which is essential for the standard of events we produce.
What has been your most memorable event?
I know it sounds a bit of a cliché but it's really difficult to name just one. Lunch for the Queen was an incredible event to be part of, and the most nerve racking. It was also the first time I heard the King's College Choir, definitely a spine-tingling moment!
Tell us something we might not know about your venue...
Queen Elizabeth I stayed at King's College for several days in August 1564 in the Provost's Lodge which was originally situated on King's Parade.
What can guests expect when attending an event?
On first entering King's from the historic King's Parade, guests will enjoy a short walk through our iconic Front Court, with the grandeur of the Hall on one side and the magnificent Chapel on the other. Once in our contemporary Beves Room, more traditional Saltmarsh Rooms or impressive neo-gothic Hall, guests can expect first class service and an exceptional range of delicious, inventive dishes. Our core value "a passion for excellence" shines through in everything we do.