Here are ten good reasons to choose Cambridge!
1. Cambridge is not simply a conference destination; it offers visitors a unique experience that cannot be found anywhere else in the world.
2. It’s an excellent, central location with great access, less than an hour from London and several international airports; the city is compact and easy to get around on foot with great connections to the wider region.
3. Calm, distraction free locations, where delegates can focus on the meeting’s agenda and then enjoy unusual spaces for break-out sessions and refreshments in immaculate gardens or quiet cloisters that are perfect for relaxing or networking.
4. Today’s event planners want to offer so much more than straight presentations; Cambridge has the venues, the outside space, the ambience, the technical ability, the people, the culture, the imagination and over 800 years of experience to bring any event to life.
5. One of the best ways to experience Cambridge is from the inside of a magnificent College.
6. It's the quintessential English destination. Our world-famous Colleges offer visitors a unique and inspiring mix of spaces for conferences and meetings while hotels and other unique properties in the city can offer options for all types of events.
7. With over 800 years of history, you can tread in the steps of famed alumni – from Isaac Newton and Rosalind Franklin to Charles Darwin. Jocelyn Bell Burnell and Stephen Hawking; William Wordsworth, Sylvia Plath and Samuel Pepys. In more recent times, Stephen Fry, Emma Thompson, Zadie Smith and Prince Charles.
8. Cambridge is just 30 minutes from Stansted Airport by train, or road; 45 minutes from London King’s Cross train station, adjacent to St Pancras International, less than an hour from Harwich and minutes from the main M11 motorway.
9. Historically, international events hosted in Cambridge attract greater delegate numbers than other destinations; interesting landmarks, museums and galleries give delegates the opportunity to enjoy a rich and varied social programme too.
10. Our portfolio offers a choice of over 50 stunning venues, with something to suit every taste and budget, from academic venues to hotels and other unique properties in Cambridge and the wider area.
How the University works
Find out all about the relationship between the University of Cambridge and its…
Travelling to Cambridge
Cambridge is in the East of England, 60 miles North of London and well placed for…
Group Activities in Cambridge
Whether you're organising a day out for a conference or a team building event…
Cambridge Walking Tours
A guided walking tour is the best way to see Cambridge; find out more about the…