Become a conference ambassador for Cambridge and working together we can develop your ideas, help you collate and submit a winning pitch to ultimately host a successful event here in Cambridge.
We'll support you to create a strong bid, we'll arrange venue visits and hospitality for all decision-makers and we'll assign you a specialist contact to liaise with venues, offer assistance and we'll be there for you from the enquiry stage, throughout the event and beyond.
What is it?
You, Your Event, Your City
The Cambridge Ambassador Programme is open to academics and business people who are members of a professional body, an association of society, who believe Cambridge would make a great destination for an event and need advice and support to make it happen.
Many associations and societies will open a competitive bidding process when deciding on a destination for their events and research confirms that bids delivered with the input of a local representative have a stronger chance of success.
If you are considering making a bid to host your organisations annual congress, or conference, here in Cambridge, get in touch to find out how we can help.
Conferences offer the ideal platform for the sharing of knowledge, for communication and collaboration with an international audience.
There’s nothing quite like the feeling you’ll get having staged a successful event, but on a practical level there are many rewards. Your Cambridge conference will:
- Elevate your personal profile amongst your professional peers
- Help you gain recognition for your research, your department or your company from an international audience
- Highlight you and your organisation as leaders in your field
- Contribute economically to core academic activities
- Create opportunities for collaboration between your organisation and Cambridge-based businesses
- Boost the local Cambridge economy.
Membership of the Cambridge Ambassador Programme gives you access to a range of free services:
- Practical free help and support to help you to demonstrate the advantages of Cambridge as a destination to your organisation, including presentation resources such as images and film footage
- Assistance with submitting a formal proposal to the organising committee, with details of everything including venues, accommodation, travel, ideas for social programmes, as well as letters of support from ministers and local agencies
- Fully escorted site visits and hospitality for your key decision makers, so you have the benefit of our event expertise for any questions that may arise
- Recommendations and help with sourcing the right professional conference organiser (PCO) to deal with everything from securing sponsorship and event logistics to managing the submission of papers and publication
- The opportunity to network with other Cambridge Ambassadors at exclusive events throughout the year.
To find out more about becoming a Cambridge Ambassador or for an informal chat with no obligation please get in touch.
The Cambridge Ambassador Programme Toolkit
The Ambassador Toolkit is a range of resources and information to help you with planning, bidding for and hosting an event in Cambridge.
The toolkit contains:
- Planning, sponsorship & funding advice
- Destination marketing resources
- Tips to help you plan an environmental friendly event
- Advice about finding a professional conference organiser
- Ideas and helpful contacts to help you give your delegates the Cambridge Experience
- Travel advice and information
To access the Cambridge Ambassador Toolkit please provide us with your details below and we’ll be touch.