Clare College is the second oldest of the University of Cambridge's Colleges and is located in the heart of Cambridge amongst picturesque gardens beside the River Cam. The College is the perfect combination of old and new, the Old Court site is home to the charming Great Hall and traditional meeting rooms whilst The Gillespie Centre provides modern conference facilities, including an auditorium for up to 150 delegates.
From lunches to dinners, small meetings to large conferences, garden parties to Christmas functions, Clare College is suitable for a variety of events. With a large number of on-site accommodation, it is also an ideal venue for residential conferences. From planning your event to supporting with AV technology on the day, there is a dedicated team ready to help make your event a success.
Five facts about Clare College
- Clare College prides itself in being green, they have taken part in the University's Green Impact Awards since it was first extended to colleges and most recently achieved the Gold Award.
- The Gillespie Centre is an RIBA award winning facility which was built to the highest standards of sustainability.
- In 1972, the College was one of the first of the Cambridge Colleges to admit women.
- Famous alumni include Sir David Attenborough
- Award winning team of chefs with a first-class reputation of creating outstanding menus.