Christ's College was founded in 1505 by Lady Margaret Beaufort following the death of her third husband and the accession of her son. She turned her energies to good causes and has been honoured ever since as the College's Foundress. Christ’s College became the twelfth of the Cambridge colleges to be founded in its current form.
The College offers an idyllic and tranquil setting in the heart of Cambridge for your next event, the meeting and dining rooms can accommodate all types of events, from small gatherings to large conferences. With on-site catering and AV equipment available, the team will take care of everything so you can focus on your delegates.
Five reasons to choose Christ's College
- A variety of function rooms, suitable for small groups of 10 up to larger groups of 120.
- A combination of the old and the new, from classic Cambridge dining rooms to modern purpose-built event spaces.
- En suite and shared bathroom accommodation is available on site for up to 234 guests.
- A dedicated, expert team is on hand to help make your event a success.
- Guests can walk in the footsteps of the College's famous alumni, including Charles Darwin and John Milton.
This year, Christ's College are set on achieving a Green Impact Award, a sustainability accolade from the University of Cambridge's Sustainability Team.
Christ's College has a newly appointed conference office team. With years of experience within the education and hospitality industries, they are happy to work with you to create an exceptional event, whatever your needs. Here’s a bit of background on the team:
Loren McLean – Conference, Sales and Events Manager
‘Hi, I’m Loren and have worked in the hospitality and event industry for 17 years; working primarily on weddings, functions and corporate bookings. I love the variety that my role brings and working with clients from start to finish on all different types of events, seeing the client's ideas come to life is very special’
Vicky Wallace – Conference and Events Coordinator
‘Hi, I’m Vicky, I’ve been working at Christ’s now for just over 2 years, having previously spent 9 great years at Magdalene College. I started at Christ’s a week before the first lock-down due the Covid-19 Pandemic, so it’s great to be back in the office and running events in person again.’